Do you want to learn how to Mountain Bike?
Youth Camp August 16 – 20, 2021 (Registration Opens: TBD)
Adult Camp – Dates for 2021 TBD
Read below for the steps we are looking at address the Covid-19 issue to help reduce the risks for participants in our program and help you determine if you are comfortable registering for the program.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the latest information on these programs or get on our wait list.
- Limited group size to 5(6 if 2 or more participants come from the same household)
- Mandatory sneeze guard covering nose and mouth anytime the group is in the Elevation bus
- Mandatory use of hand sanitizer before getting on the bus each time.
- No sharing of bikes or equipment
- Participants using bikes from Elevation Outdoors will only touch their bike
- All bikes from Elevation Outdoors are cleaned/sanitized at the end of each session
- 1 designated team member will load/unload bikes from our trailer to reduce risk
- Increased spacing beyond the 2m suggestion for both climbing and descending to reduce risk.
- Limiting trail difficulty to ensure all trails are within the skill level of participants
- Zero tolerance policy for behaviour that puts other participants at risk
- If a participant is sick or displaying signs/symptoms they will be sent home as a precaution
Dates: August 16 – 20, 2021
For 2021 we will be offering a 1 week long mountain bike focused camp for youth ages 12 – 18. This program is focused on riders that are looking to build on existing skills. This is a week long bike focused camp that wraps up with a full day of resort riding at Big White on the Friday.
We are running this program August 16 – 20, 2021.
Send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be on the mailing list for the program and we will email when registration opens.
Price: We are still working with Big White to determine pricing (based on their summer programming and availability of bikes).
Each day will run from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Tentative Schedule*: Each day we will bike as much as is safely possible. We will asses rider safety ongoing each day, and move to non-bike activities when we feel is appropriate.
Monday – Ride at Knox Mountain – skill assessment and evaluation.
Tuesday – Morning ride, destination determined after Monday skill level assessments, afternoon will be other outdoor activities**.
Wednesday – Rest day from bikes – Full day at a local adventure park.
Thursday – Morning riding Location TBD – afternoon will be other outdoors activities**.
Friday – Full day of riding at Big White. Transportation to and from Big White is included and access to a rental from Big White can be if selected.
*The schedule may change based on weather and availability at Big White.
**Based on our experience riding all day increases the risk of injury. We will base the amount of riding on participants performance throughout the day.
With a maximum of 6 spaces available in this camp we will do our best to accommodate skill differences, but may not be able to accept all applicants to provide a quality experience for as many as we can.
- For riders 12 – 18 looking to learn to mountain bike in a supportive environment.
- Use of one of our Giant ATX 2 hardtail bikes is provided if needed for in town riding.
- If providing your own bike for the in town dates it must have front suspension, disk brakes, and be in good working order. **To use your own bike it will need to pass inspection from our staff on the first day.**
What is included?
- Instruction from our PMBI certified instructors
- Bike use from Elevation Outdoors fleet and helmet
- Rentals and lift tickets for Big White days with a 2 hour lesson from Big White instructors with guided riding in the afternoon
- Transportation to and from common meeting point to each days destination.
- A positive environment to improve your skills in.
- A whole lot of fun!
***If you are selecting to bring your own bike for the Big White day it must have full suspension and disc brakes as a minimum. It will also need to pass a safety inspection by one of the Big White team before being used for the day. By electing to provide your own bike you are also forgoing the full face helmet and armour rental that is included, if you would like to rent this it will be available for $30.00 on site.***
Dates for our 2021 Adult Bike programs are yet to be determined, keep an eye out here or send us an email to let us know you’re interested!
If you have never ridden, or are a beginner/novice rider and would like to improve your skills this camp is for you! Over 3 sessions you will receive instruction from our PMBI certified instructors to get you rolling for the first time, or clean up your riding and get you feeling more confident on your bike.
We will ride the beautiful Knox Mountain trails you will develop your skills to handle the various terrain, from flowy single track to riding bumps and berms. Our instructors will get you started by focusing on the foundations of mountain biking, including body position and balance, braking, and cornering, and then build from there.
Our goal is to not only have you develop your skills on a mountain bike, but to help you develop confidence in your own abilities so that you can challenge yourself and push outside your comfort zone to see what you are truly capable of.
Minimum group size needed to run the program: 4
Maximum in program: 5
Cost & Dates: TBD – We are working with Big White to see if incorporating a day at Big White is possible at this time. *If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you updates when more details have been finalized*
We will strive to build groups based on skill, but if you can organize a group of 4-5 friends of the same level it can help create a great atmosphere of learning and fun with your friends!
- For riders 19+ looking to learn to mountain bike in a supportive environment.
- Use of our bikes will be limited by sizes available for in town dates.
- If providing your own bike for the in town dates it must have front suspension, disk brakes, and be in good working order.
With 10 years of experience delivering mountain bike programs here in Kelowna, Elevation Outdoors is one of the longest running learn to mountain bike programs in the Valley.
Proceeds from these camps help Elevation Outdoors cover the costs of scholarship seats in our Live to Ride program for youth that may not otherwise have an opportunity to mountain bike.
For more information call our team at 250-870-9094 or email email@example.com