Do your kids love to mountain bike?
Youth Camp August 16 – 20, 202 (1 spot left)
Read below for the steps we are looking at address the Covid-19 issue to help reduce the risks for participants in our program and help you determine if you are comfortable registering for the program.
Email us at email@example.com if you are interested in this camp for your youth. We currently have a group of intermediate riders, please include your child’s skill level in your inquiry and we will determine if this camp is a good fit for them!
- Limited group size
- Mandatory mask covering nose and mouth anytime the group is in the Elevation bus
- Mandatory use of hand sanitizer before getting on the bus each time.
- No sharing of bikes or equipment
- Participants using bikes from Elevation Outdoors will only touch their bike
- All bikes from Elevation Outdoors are cleaned/sanitized at the end of each session
- 1 designated team member will load/unload bikes from our trailer to reduce risk
- Increased spacing beyond the 2m suggestion for both climbing and descending to reduce risk.
- Limiting trail difficulty to ensure all trails are within the skill level of participants
- Zero tolerance policy for behaviour that puts other participants at risk
- If a participant is sick or displaying signs/symptoms they will be sent home as a precaution
- View Big White’s safety plan here.
Dates: August 16 – 20, 2021
We currently have a group of intermediate riders and one spot left available, please email us if you are interested in our last spot and include your child’s skill level in your inquiry and we will determine if this camp is a good fit for them!
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org now!
For 2021 we will be offering a 1 week long mountain bike focused camp for youth ages 12 – 18. This program is focused on riders that are looking to build on existing skills. This is a week long bike focused camp that wraps up with a full day of resort riding at Big White on the Friday.
We are running this program August 16 – 20, 2021.
Send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be on the mailing list for the program and we will email when registration opens.
Price: $500 + cost of bike rental/armour rental from Big White if required.
Each day will run from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Tentative Schedule*: Each day we will bike as much as is safely possible. We will asses rider safety ongoing each day, and move to non-bike activities when we feel is appropriate.
Monday – Ride at Knox Mountain – skill assessment and evaluation.
Tuesday – Crawford – skill development and riding, afternoon will be other outdoor activities**.
Wednesday – Riding location will be determined based on riders skill level.
Thursday – Rest Day – Campers will spend the day at the Myra Canyon Adventure Park
Friday – Full day of riding at Big White. Transportation to and from Big White is included. If your child requires a rental bike from Big White we highly recommend confirming availability before registering for the camp.
*The schedule may change based on weather and availability at Big White.
**Based on our experience riding all day increases the risk of injury. We will base the amount of riding on participants performance throughout the day, temperatures and air quality.
With a maximum of 6 spaces available in this camp we will do our best to accommodate skill differences, but may not be able to accept all applicants to provide a quality experience for as many as we can.
- For riders 12 – 18 looking to learn to mountain bike in a supportive environment.
- Use of one of our Giant Talon hardtail bikes is provided if needed for in town riding.
- If providing your own bike for the in town dates it must have front suspension, disk brakes, and be in good working order. **To use your own bike it will need to pass inspection from our staff on the first day.**
What is included?
- Instruction from our PMBI certified instructors
- Bike use from Elevation Outdoors fleet and helmet
- Lesson and lift tickets for Big White days with a 2 hour lesson from Big White instructors in the morning and guided riding in the afternoon
- Transportation to and from common meeting point to each days destination.
- A positive environment to improve your skills in.
- A whole lot of fun!
***If you are selecting to bring your own bike for the Big White day it must have full suspension and disc brakes as a minimum. It will also need to pass a safety inspection by one of the Big White team before being used for the day. By electing to provide your own bike you are also forgoing the full face helmet and armour rental that is included, if you would like to rent this it will be available for $42.00 on site.***
With over 10 years of experience delivering mountain bike programs here in Kelowna, Elevation Outdoors is one of the longest running learn to mountain bike programs in the Valley.
Proceeds from these camps help Elevation Outdoors cover the costs of scholarship seats in our Live to Ride program for youth that may not otherwise have an opportunity to mountain bike.
For more information call our team at 250-870-9094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org