Join our snowshoe program to get out and explore the region!
Making Tracks is our newest program, added to our line up in 2021! This snowshoeing program is designed to introduce participants to the activity of snowshoeing, or expand their interest and passion in the activity by exposing them to new areas in the region to explore in the snow!
We are looking forward to spending some time in the snow while giving youth a physical outlet in these cold months! No previous snowshoe experience is required, plus we will provide the gear! We are aiming to trek through the Kelowna Nordic Centre trails and explore other regions in Kelowna as well!
We want to introduce participants to an activity that can allow them to get outside and explore their own backyard in the winter time. By allowing our youth to experience some hiking and walking trails in a different season, we hope to give them a new perspective and help them have brand new experiences in places they may be familiar with already.
Making Tracks 2023 will run on the following dates:
- Tues, Feb 21st (after school)
- Sat, Feb 25th
- Tues, Feb 28th (after school)
- Sat, March 4th
- Tues, Mar 7th (after school
- Spots are available on scholarship for youth that meet our eligibility criteria. Scholarships cover 100% of the costs to participate. Click here (scroll down to 'Who We Serve') to see our scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Partial funding may be available for families that do not meet scholarship criteria but still face financial barriers
- Limited paid spots are available, at a cost of $250 per spot
If you are interested in volunteering for Making Tracks, please click here!
To register for the Making Tracks program please download the registration package below or follow the online registration link above to register online.